So... a compilation, huh? Yep. Let me introduce myself. My name is Kelley and I am the mother of two wonderful children. We also have three crazy, but loveable dogs. My husband, Allan is a fantastic, hardworking entrepreneur who makes sure we are all well taken care of.
Because we're always crazy busy, I'm always looking for things to make my life easier. That's where the compilation comes in. I scour the internet (especially Pinterest) and find things to not only entertain my kids, but also cut down on my cleaning time, my cooking time and last but not least, (if it ever happens), my work out time. Basically anything to make my life easier and more fun.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Stuffed Cabbage- Yum!

I get so excited when I find something healthy that my kids like to eat.  Last night, I made stuffed cabbage.  They ate it all up, and asked for seconds!  Yes, they actually ate it all up!  So, I thought I might share the recipe with you!



Ingredients:
12 cabbage leaves
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. quinoa, rinsed (I didn't precook it and it was fine, but next time I will parboil it) (Or you can use rice in the same amount)
1/2 c. finely chopped spring onions
1 (4 oz.) can mushrooms, drained and finely chopped 
1 tsp. salt
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. water


Directions:
Cover cabbage leaves with boiling water.  Cover and let stand until leaves are limp, about 10 minutes.  Drain water, set aside.

Mix ground beef, quinoa, onion, mushrooms, garlic, salt pepper and 1/2 of the tomato sauce.  Place about 1/3 c. beef mixture at stem end of each leaf.  Roll leaf around mixture, tucking in sides.

Place cabbage rolls seam side down in an ungreased 11x9 in. baking dish.  Mix remaining tomato sauces, sugar and lemon juice.  Pour over cabbage rolls.  Cover and cook in 350° oven about 45 minutes, or until beef mixture is fully cooked.  

Mix cornstarch and water in saucepan.  Stir in liquid from cabbage rolls. (I used a turkey baster to get the juices out.)  Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.  Boil and stir 1 minute.  Serve sauce with cabbage rolls. (I like to put it over mashed potatoes.)

-Kelley-

No comments:

Post a Comment