So... a compilation, huh? Yep. Let me introduce myself. My name is Kelley and I am the mother of two wonderful children. We also have three crazy, but loveable dogs. My husband, Allan is a fantastic, hardworking entrepreneur who makes sure we are all well taken care of.
Because we're always crazy busy, I'm always looking for things to make my life easier. That's where the compilation comes in. I scour the internet (especially Pinterest) and find things to not only entertain my kids, but also cut down on my cleaning time, my cooking time and last but not least, (if it ever happens), my work out time. Basically anything to make my life easier and more fun.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Marbled Easter Eggs

I hate to spend money, not that I don't like to shop or do fun things, I just don't like to spend money.  When we were at the store, looking for Easter Egg dye, the kids (of course) wanted the most expensive kit out there.  I wasn't going to have it (as usual), and we ended up buying the cheapest kit. 

Now, just because it's cheap, doesn't mean it can't be fun!  Here is how to transform a cheap-o kit into fancy, marbled eggs.


The secret it......... Vegetable oil!

All you have to do is put a few drops in each cup along with the Easter Egg dye.  Simple as that!  Just drop the egg into whichever color you want, let it sit a while, then when you pull it out, because of the oil, not all the parts will be dyed!  Simply drop it into the next color, and if desired, the next and so on!  (My kids will get a little slap happy about this whole process and keep going until all the eggs basically look about the same... a weird ugly green...)

-Kelley-

No comments:

Post a Comment