So... a compilation, huh? Yep. Let me introduce myself. My name is Kelley and I am the mother of two wonderful children. We also have three crazy, but loveable dogs. My husband, Allan is a fantastic, hardworking entrepreneur who makes sure we are all well taken care of.
Because we're always crazy busy, I'm always looking for things to make my life easier. That's where the compilation comes in. I scour the internet (especially Pinterest) and find things to not only entertain my kids, but also cut down on my cleaning time, my cooking time and last but not least, (if it ever happens), my work out time. Basically anything to make my life easier and more fun.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Snickerdoodle Muffins

Nothing is better than the smell of cinnamon and sugar in the morning.  What a smell to wake up to!  Well, this morning I woke up early and thought, "Why don't I treat the kids to some muffins for breakfast?"  So, I whipped some up!

This recipe is one I've been handed down from my Mom.  It was originally just called "Muffins," but my daughter re-named it this morning when she said, "These muffins taste like Snickerdoodles!"  Thus, they are now called, "Snickerdoodle Muffins!"

Here you go!

Ingredients:
1/3 c. soft shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar (divided)
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. milk
6 Tbsp. melted butter or margarine
1 tsp. cinnamon

Cream 1 cup of the sugar and shortening.  Add egg, beat well.  Mix and sift flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.  Add milk and flour alternately to the egg mixture.  Fill greased or lined muffin tins 2/3 full.  Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown (until a toothpick comes out clean).  Melt the 6 Tbsp. of butter.  Mix together the 1/2 cup of sugar with the 1 tsp of cinnamon. Remove from pan at once and roll in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar mixture. 

 
 
-Kelley-

No comments:

Post a Comment